Saturday, February 18, 2006

Alan singing to Kaleb


This is our oldest, Alan, singing to his youngest, Kaleb. Kaleb is our youngest
grandchild and is such a cute little guy! He sure loves music..and his Daddy... which is evident in this picture. Sure wish they would feel this way about their parents when they are teens!

Alan is not looking forward to this coming week. Monday morning he is having surgery on his wrist/hand. The doctor will be removing bone fragments that are causing pain for Alan right now. They will put a tourniquet on his arm to cut off the blood supply and the doctor told him that would be one of the uncomfortable things he will be feeling afterwards. This is Alan's 3rd surgery in 6 months. I know he thinks he's had his share of surgery for a while.

I am still not feeling well. Everytime I walk anywhere in the house my heart starts racing. I walked to the kitchen this morning and took my pulse and it was 120 beats a minute. That is way too high and even causes me to be out of breath.

I will be having a birthday next month and I told Wayne I wanted to see Stars On Ice for my birthday. Well, they've all ready been in Indiana so I was looking on Ebay yesterday and found tickets in Columbus, Ohio on March 19th. The tickets are on the floor in the first row...right up next to the skating rink. I went ahead and bid on them and it looks like I'm gonna get them. Those seats will be fantastic!!

Here's another good recipe that we have had twice in the last month. There's nothing lowfat about it but it sure is a good treat once in a while!!

CARAMEL CORN
1 large bowl of popped corn (or 2 bags microwave popcorn, not butter flavor)
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons water
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Prepare popcorn according to the method you choose. Pour popcorn into 1 or 2 large bowls. You will need plenty of room to toss with the hot sugar method.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add water, sugar and cinnamon, increase the heat, and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Be careful; the sugar mixture is extremely hot! Pour half of mixture over popcorn. carefully stir or toss to combine (don't use your hands...it's too hot!!) Add the remaining popcorn and the rest of the sugar mixture and toss. Serve.

No comments: