Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's been another very rough day physically. I reacted to the water pill with a headache and also muscle spasms in my legs and feet everytime I put any weight on them. I think the spasms are because the water pill drained my body of potassium. Today is the last day I will take it. The swelling is down and I don't care for the side effects.

Katie called today after she left Walgreen Drug Store. She took both boys with her and Tyler saw an ab machine. He told his Mom that she needed to get him one of those. She asked him why and he said I need it because I'm need to get my old shape back. He said that Katie should use it too because she needs to get her old shape back too. Television commercials can be pretty powerful...especially to a 5 year old. I guess I never realized Tyler lost his old shape...so funny!!!

I enjoyed watching the Olympic Mens Ice Skating tonight. The winner by a landslide was the Russian Yevgeny Plushenko. They gave a little of his life story and it was a hard one. He started training as a young boy in his home town but when he was 11 the home town ice rink closed. If he wanted to continue to skate he would have to move 1000 miles away from his parents...and he did. They had to stay behind to support his skating. Both he and his parents made huge sacrifices. I really wanted an American to win until I heard this story and then was thrilled for him. His face showed very little emotion but his smile showed it all after they played the Russian national anthem.

I hope tomorrow's a better day...that's how I make it through a day like today...hope. My hopes have been dashed so many times that you'd think I'd quit hoping. But somehow I continue to have hope for a better day...and sometimes it even happens!

No comments: