Saturday, February 11, 2006

There's snow in Memphis!!! And it practically closed the city down according to Kristi. You can see there's only about an inch on the ground but she said the grocery stores were packed and all out of ground beef when she went there. She had to get "veggie beef". That sounds pretty interesting. They even lost their electricity for a few hours last night because of "all this snow". She said the people just go crazy when it snows like this.

Jacob is certainly enjoying the snow. Kristi said he took his glove off to play with the snow and cried right away for her to put the glove back on. That snow is cold stuff!!

I just love this picture with the big snowflakes. I asked her if she tried to get it like that and she said no...if you take lots of pictures you'll sometimes get a good one. That seems to be what happens to me too. Once in a while I see a great picture out of all the shots.

I am beginning to have just a little more energy all ready today after taking the additional thyroid this morning. I will be so happy if this gives me some energy and I feel like doing anything at all. I have just felt like I can't hardly move through space...it drains me. I was thinking that I needed to build my stamina since having the pump implanted but now it looks like there was nothing I could have done besides taking more thyroid to get myself going.

The name of the new thyroid medicine is Cytomel. I looked it up and did some reading on it today and here is a quote from one of the articles.....

"Until recently, Cytomel was used by bodybuilders and female bodybuilders, in particular-on a daily basis over several months to remain "hard" and in good shape all year round. Believe us when we tell you that to a great extent several bodybuilders who are pictured in "muscle magazines" and display a hard and de­fined look in photos, eat fast food and iron this out by taking Cytomel. The over stimulated thyroid burns calories like a blast furnace."

I hope this weight loss is true for me and not just the bodybuilders but I was pretty excited when I read this today!! My thyroid probably won't be over stimulated but hopefully it will be stimulated enough to do some good. And, don't be looking for me in any body builder magazines...I won't be there...lol!

No comments: