Wednesday, March 29, 2006



This is a fairly recent picture of Tyler and Caden....brothers!! They get along quite well...they really seem to like each other most of the time. I think it's just the cutest thing when they hug each other and hold hands. Tyler's Mom wanted him to wish me a Happy Birthday today but he thought it was too embarassing. I think it took about four calls and sitting on a chair before he said it. I tried to make it easier for him by asking...do you want me to have a happy birthday.

I had a really nice birthday today. Everyone in my family made me feel so special. My brother called me last night to wish me a happy birthday and that was a first...wasn't sure he knew if I had birthdays:) ...just joking!! They usually send me a card but with the cancer treatment she is going through I'm sure the last thing on their mind are birthday cards.

This morning Wayne fixed me coffee and made a card for me and brought home lunch. Alan and Eutemia and their family sent me a dozen roses. Kristi and Katie both called to wish me a happy birthday and yesterday Katie and Steve took me out to lunch. I think after the very rough year I've had physically I needed the affirmation.

Then, tonight my Mom & Dad took us out to eat at the "Corndance" in Culver. It was a delicious meal and we had a very good time. I went with Katie this afternoon to run errands and mentioned about going out to eat for my birthday. Tyler kept begging to come with us and I told him I thought it would be pretty boring for him. When I got out of the car he just sobbed and it broke my heart. I called a little later to see if he was doing better because if not we could have taken him. He thought we were having a big birthday party like he has and he wasn't invited. I knew his cries were not cries of manipulation but of true distress. Hopefully he understood once his Mom explained it to him.

I will go to sleep tonight feeling very loved and appreciated. I couldn't ask for more...that's the best gift anyone could give me:)

I am hooked on a couple of new games. I enjoy playing the games when I don't feel real well. It kind of challenges my mind but yet I don't have to exert any real energy. The first one is a restaurant and I am the waitress. If you want to see it...do a google search for free games and it's called "Diner Dash". The other game is more of a puzzle game and is called pop and drop. Click on the words pop and drop that are underlined and it will take you to the game...it's free but you will get a few ads on your computer. I just let them pile up and click them all off when I'm done with the game. My high score is 165,000.

No comments: