Thursday, April 13, 2006

The oral surgery went very well. I got along so much better than I thought I would and have virtually had no pain from where he pulled the two teeth. I'm just thrilled to be rid of the one tooth that has caused so much pain and problems. I am eating just fine without those teeth. I was pretty confident that I would be all right without them because I had 3 different dentists tell me I didn't really need them.

I have had two very good days in a row with minimal back pain and a little more energy. I don't know what to attribute it to unless the pain meds they gave me in the IV for the oral surgery has covered some of the back pain....but I wouldn't think it would last nearly this long. I am having a lot more neck and arm pain and at time electrical shocks down my left arm. I have an appointment a week from Friday (the 14th) to get another epidural injection in my neck. Not that I enjoy getting them but I think the first one really did help my neck.

We had rented a Pontiac Vibe for about 10 days and I had to take it back tonight. I felt so sad when I left it there...Wayne had to remind me the car belongs to Enterprise...not Becky:) The last few years I have had to give up one thing after another...singing, piano playing, good health, my house, my car and the list goes on and on. It seems if there is a lesson in this for me I would have learned it by now. I am trying to be mature about my life and its limitations but I don't always rise to the occasion.

Tomorrow is another pump refill. It will be interesting to see if Dr. Grove agrees with Dr. Freidman about the cause of the pain I get from standing and walking. He's given me an increase every other time I've gotten a refill and don't know where his stopping point will be.


Wishing you all a Good Friday of remembrance of our Saviour and His sacrifice for us. It's a verse that we all know so well and one that most of us memorized as children-- but one that tells the story of the Gospel of Jesus so well. Here is John 3:16 in two versions that may be a little different from what we usually read....

John 3:16
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. " ( The Message)

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son. Whoever puts his trust in God's Son will not be lost but will have life that lasts forever. " (New Life Version)

No comments: