Sunday, July 02, 2006



The first picture is of Rhebeca a few weeks ago. There were several of us on the 2nd story deck and she was trying to signal something. I'll have to ask her if she remembers what she was trying to say. She and Kael were getting ready to launch a rocket with their Dad!!

The second picture is Jacob...Kristi and Eric's little boy. Jacob and Kristi have enjoyed their local pool in the hot Memphis summer. Kristi says she likes this pool for Jacob because it is angled like a beach He can run and play (well, maybe not run:) in the shallow water. From the looks on his face he is having a great time!! The days here that I think it's hot Kristi just kind of laughs...we haven't known hot till we spend a summer in Memphis, I'm sure.

Rhebeca called me on the phone this morning and I got to talk her through putting a game on her computer. It worked fine and she was so proud of herself because it was a game her Dad had trouble putting on the computer. Most kids like to be able to do things that their parents can't.

I woke up this morning in incredible pain. Every joint in my body was hurting and I felt like I couldn't walk thrugh space. It is now about 1:00 and things are just starting to settle down. I guess I'm thankful that I do get some hours of the day without the horrible pain. It is always worse when I've slept for several hours in a row. I slept from 12:30 to 5:30 last night (or morning, I guess) and 5 hours without moving takes its toll on me. I'm trying to ease myself back into sleeping in a bed but I can only make it about 2 hours before pain wakes me up. This pain that I have today and am talking about is not the normal back pain. I'm beginning to believe it is from the fibromyalgia. Especially because of the joints being involved.

The symptoms of lupus and fibromyalgia are very similar but having just looked them both up I have more symptoms of lupus than I do of fibromyalgia. I have 8 out of 11 symptoms of lupus and 5 out of 6 symptoms of fibromyalgia.

Symptoms of Lupus:
1. Painful or swollen joints
2. Swelling
3. Unexplained fever
4. Chest pain
5. Swollen glands
6. Rash or color change on face--often in the shape of a butterfly
7. Extreme fatigue
8. Unusual hair loss
9. Low blood count
10. Sensitivity to sun
11. Depression

Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
1. Fatigue that interferes with daily activities
2. Sleep problems--hard to get to sleep or don't stay asleep all night or wake up feeling fatigued
3. Morning stiffness
4. Headaches
5. Anxiety or depression
6. Irritible bowel syndrome

No comments: