Tuesday, February 27, 2007

We are now in Rochester,Minnesota. I have an appointment tomorrow at 6:45 with the internal medicine doctor. I just did something that is going to make him think that I am really bright. I was sitting in the recliner and for some reason I was leaning forward. I fell asleep and fell out of the chair right onto my face. My glasses cut my nose and the rest of my nose looks like Rudolph's nose. I think it is all superficial bruising because I don't have any trouble breathing and my nose is straight still.

Eutemia, if you read this...I really feel for you with having a broken nose. Mine isn't even broken and it hurts SO badly!!

I had to come down to the computer because I am so nervous and upset about this. My Aunt Marcia sent me a scripture in Isaiah yesterday that I think I'll go back to the room and read to settle me down before I go to sleep.

I am so terrified of having any more pain or having to have a surgery of any kind and that's why I got so upset..besides the fear of waking up...not quite knowing what happened. I'm sure glad that Wayne is in the room because he came over to me and helped calm me down. Of course, he has been warning me for weeks about sitting leaning forward in the chair. I know why I do it...it takes some of the pressure off of my back. From now on when I sit in the recliner I will put my feet up so I can't fall out of the chair.

I will have Wayne take a picture in the morning. I don't have any way of posting it till I get home because I left the cord that connects to the computer at home.

I'll let you know tomorrow how things go at my first visit to Mayo.

No comments: