Sunday, February 26, 2006



This is Jacob. He is our daughter Kristi and Eric's 17 month old son. He is actually talking to me on the phone in this picture and it was taken last night. I am always aware if I get a call and I hear breathing on the other end that it's probably Jacob. It's hard to know what to say to someone who doesn't talk back to you but I always try to tell him funny stories and try to get him to laugh....and he usually reponds by laughing....especially if I laugh first.

Tyler (our 5 year old grandson and Katie and Steve's son) called me from his vacation in Florida yesterday. He wanted to call to tell me how much he misses me. It made me feel so good that he was thinking of me and missing me. I have to work hard at finding things these grandkids like to do that I am able to do with them so they will have good memories of our house and I think I am succeeding. I have found that it doesn't take much...they know I love them and that's all they really need here...except for a few toys:)

I am still having the lack of energy. I am also having the rapid heartbeat if I do anything physically active. I am going to try to get into my family doctor tomorrow. They usually keep a few appointments open for the first few calls in the morning and I'll be on the phone at 8:00! I might have to take a taxi but that's all right...I don't mind. I have done it before. Wayne needs my car in the morning and what he is doing is important to our income.

I am still learning when it comes to cooking. I thought I'd try the fresh mozzarella on a homemade pizza today and it shrunk up so much there was hardly any cheese left on the pizza. The fresh mozzarella comes in water and has a very high moisture content so I suppose what happened is most of it evaporated. Live and learn...I'm still doing it! You'd think at my age I'd have learned it all.



No comments: