Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Today was one of the best days I've had for a long time. I had less fatigue than most days lately. I did do some research and found out that a drug called Provigil may be something that could help with the fatigue. It is what is usually subscribed for narcoclepsy. Not sure I spelled that right but it is the disease that some people have where they can't stay awake. I tried to get in to see my family doctor this morning. They save back a few appointments for the first callers of the day. I called their office at 8:03 this morning and was kept on hold till 8:45. The lady that answered the phone said you should call first thing in the morning at 8:00 to get the appointment...she was shocked I'd been on hold all that time but said that there are a lot of illnesses going around.

I get a lot of my information about different drugs and pain issues on several websites. I have two of them listed on the right hand side of the blog. But, one that is not listed is a Yahoo Group called Pumpsters. It is a group you can join by invitation only and the members are all people who have pumps or are living with someone with a pump. If you want to be a member you have to fill out a questionnaire and then be approved.

I was pleased last night to see that Drew Lachey won "Dancing With The Stars". He was my pick from the very first show. I love to watch shows like that and any kind of ice skating and see people do all those "tricks" with their bodies that I would love to be able to do...but can't! The other pick that I have for a show that will be over soon is Jillian Barberie and John Zimmerman on Skating With Celebrities. The show was on tonight for half of the final and their score was a little lower than the other couple but there is still one more skate to be judged so there's still hope!!

I visit a friends blog occasionally and today read the scripture that he was talking about. It was Psalm 42. I couldn't believe when I read it how much I identified with that Psalm. At different times of our lives I think we identify with the same scripture in a different way than before. It's amazing how scripture is like that...speaks to whatever you are dealing with at the time. I would like to end today by quoting the verses I identified with...I won't put the whole Psalm on here but just the verses that touched me today...and the last one was the best...Praise God in your difficulties and it's amazing when I do that how my attitude can change!!

Psalm 42
Verse 3
My tears have been my food day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

Verse 6
My Savior and God,
My soul is downcast within me....

Verse 9
I say to God my Rock,
"Why have you forotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?" ( our enemies can be different things...but mine is pain)

Verse 10
My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

Verse 11
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet priase Him,
my Savior and my God.

No comments: