Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I finally finished a scrapbooking page. Somehow the scanner cut off part of the bottom of the page...but you can get the idea of what it looks like anyway. I hope that now that I've done one page that it will be easier to keep going. The picture was taken in the summer of 2004. Kael was supposed to be in the picture too but he was sleeping during the picture taking time:) From left to right it's Jacob (Kristi & Eric's boy), Caden (Katie & Steve's boy), Tyler (Katie & Steve's boy), and Rhebeca (Alan & Eutemia's girl).

I am so disappointed again because when I took my blood pressure tonight it is still back up. I think I will be calling the doctor tomorrow. Tonight my reading was 148/113 Pulse 103. That low number on the blood pressure is being stubborn!!

My Mom, Tyler and I went grocery shopping in South Bend today. I have been wanting to go to a bigger grocery store to get some of the things the stores in our small town don't have. It was so much fun!! I never thought I'd get excited about getting groceries. Tyler, of course, talked me into several things including a toy from Target. He was so good the whole time and I know that grocery shopping can be boring for little boys. I don't think he stopped talking for 10 seconds. He found a lot to say and it wears me out to listen because I try to listen to everything he says. I also got my birthday present from my Mom & Dad. We looked at the pans at Bed, Bath & Beyond and she bought me a whole new set. I'm enjoying cooking so much that these pans will be something I will enjoy using every day!!

We go to trial next week in Fort Wayne. We sold a gumball route back to a couple who sold it to us to begin with. They are making a fuss that several machines were stolen, merchandise was old, etc. Well, it is very complicated but they have neglected the route. Just one small area to explain is that they are supposed to take our stickers off the machine and put on theirs so they get the out of order calls. It's been 2 years and we are still getting calls that places are out of order...our stickers are still on many of the machines. The trial is on my birthday...what a great birthday present! Wayne got so upset about it today that he came home with a migraine headache.

I talked about my sister-in-law finding out about having breast cancer about 10 days ago. We got really devastating news tonight that the 2 lymph nodes that were sent in for lab testing came back positive for cancer. She will start chemo next Tuesday. My heart just feels heavy feeling the pain of her news. Please keep her in your prayers. She has a little 5 year old boy that needs his Mommy!!!

And, to end today I am posting a recipe for meatloaf that we had last night and had in sandwiches tonight. It is one of the best meatloaf's I've ever tasted...and very quick and easy.

BARBEQUE MEATLOAF
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs
1 onion, diced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup water, if needed to thin sauce ( I didn't use any water)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix together the beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce. Form this mixture into a loaf and place it in a shallow pan. Stir together the remaining tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, worcestershire and the water (if too thick). Pour this sauce over the meatloaf. Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes (I usually baste halfway through...only one time).

This is great as a sandwich too. I used a hamburger bun and spread mayonnaise on one side of the bun. I put a nice hunk of meatloaf on top of the mayo and then added some cheese...any kind of cheese would taste good. Wrapped sandwich in foil and baked in the oven till warm and the cheese was melted...Delicious!!!

No comments: