Thursday, March 23, 2006

Kristi sent me a game earlier this week that has been kind of fun and a lot of addicting. My high score is 9 out of 10...I just can't seem to get a perfect score. Just click on the word game and it will take you to the game. Have fun!!

I was calling the doctor's office this morning about my blood pressure and while I was on hold I got call waiting and it was the doctor's nurse with a message for me so I got to tell her that the blood pressure was still pretty high. She said she'd talk to the doctor and call me back. She called in a couple of hours and said I needed to come in and have a nurse take my blood pressure. It was 153/110...way too high. She said he had a note on my chart that if it was high I was to take two of the new blood pressure pills tonight and then call them tomorrow. I took my home blood pressure unit in to the doctors office and right after she took my blood pressure I took it on my machine. It was pretty accurate. So, now I know that when I take it here at home it's pretty accurate.

The lawsuit I talked about yesterday looks like it may be over before it begins. I guess the lady suing us said if we would pay her attorney fee she would drop the suit. I guess she has this new lawyer and owes him money and owes $9,000 for another attorney that tshe dropped...all over suing us. She is now suing the old attorney that she owes the $9000 to and is suing him for who knows what?? I think she needs money and is trying to come by it the easy way. Wayne and his Dad and our attorney are going to talk tomorrow and see what they think is the best thing to do. Wayne was sure relieved today that she was backing down.

I fixed such an easy and delicious dinner tonight. Wayne was hungry and one of his favories is salmon. We both really liked it!! I will post the recipe for the salmon I made and also for brussel sprouts that turned out delicious...they're a little crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.

Citris Balsamic Glazed Salmon
8 salmon fillets, 3/4 inch thick, about 1 1/2 pounds total
...if you use less amount of fish you'll just have a little extra sauce left

Salt and pepper

3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar ( I used about 3 tablespoons cause I like it sweet)
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Rub salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon in 2 quart shallow baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Whisk balsamic vinegar, cornstarch, orange juice and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Add chicken broth and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring until the mixture thickens. Arrange salmon on serving platter and serve with sauce. Serve over hot white rice, if desired.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts
1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer them to a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp outside and tender inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the brussels sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt and serve hot.


No comments: