Friday, May 12, 2006



I needed to send some thank you cards and was in the mood to make them last night. Now if you're reading this and wondering why I haven't sent you a homemade card lately it's because it's like the stars have to align just right...no really I have to feel halfway good to feel like scrapbooking or making cards. And, I have had a couple of good days in a row. I am so thankful for a good day when I get one...probably more than most people who don't have a chronic illness. I know I never used to be thankful to wake up feeling good. I can remember before I got the morphine pump at times just pacing the floor and crying because the pain was so intense. That has not happened with the pump because I can get out of pain rather quickly. The pain still gets pretty intense at times but all I have to do is sit and I'm all better!!

I was a little disappointed that Tyler didn't make it here this afternoon. He was supposed to spend the afternoon with me but Katie had forgotten about some prior plans. I really missed him today...especially since I had planned to have him here. It was sure a lot quieter here w/o him...sometimes that's good and sometimes it's great to hear the chatter of a child.

Alan and Eutemia and their family have been battling the stomach flu. I feel so bad for all of them. The two youngest boys have been vomiting and it's no fun to have a little one vomit because they don't make it to the toilet or sink....it's just wherever it lands. I hope this weekend will be one of a little bit of healing for them. I know I'm staying a distance till I know they're well because I catch anything within a hundred feet of me:)

The 3 remaining American Idols will be flying by private jet to their hometowns tomorrow. (Saturday) I can't even imagine how it would feel to come back after just a few months ago being a "nobody" (in the sense that they weren't famous...no one is a "nobody"). Anyway, now they come back as an American household name. What a shocker to handle. I have read several interviews with Chris and he keeps saying how shocked he was to get voted off. He was really expecting to win the competition because everyone kept telling him he would. I guess it just shows we never know what to expect in life...Chris...welcome to the real world!!

No comments: