Saturday, July 29, 2006

No pictures tonight. Just an update:) Yesterday was one of the worst days I have had physically for several months. I was extremely fatigued, nauseated, feet/legs/hands swollen and I slept most of the day. Every time I would try to get up and walk I would get so sick to my stomach I felt like I would throw up. Tyler came over for about 1 1/2 hours and I laid on the couch/bed almost the whole time he was here. We played Old Maid and he worked on a powerpoint presentation on cats. I found him a page on the internet with hundreds of pictures of cats and he downloaded them into a folder and then started to put them into powerpoint. I don't know powerpoint too well so we stopped at a stand-still. I will have to play around with it to figure it out!

Today was my cousin's "reinterment". I could have that word wrong but I think that's what it is called. My Aunt & Uncle wanted me to sing acapella and when she asked me I told her I wanted to but with the way I felt yesterday I couldn't see any way I could. I asked them to pray that I would have a good day today and I woke up feeling much better. I know it had to be an answer to prayer. I don't usually recover that quickly. I was even able to go over and visit with them for a few hours afterwards. Unbelieveable:)!! I sang the 1st and 3rd verses of "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go" and the chorus and 3rd verse of "Face to Face". I didn't know if I would even have a voice but it turned out I did and it was truly a gift from God today. I haven't sung except with the radio for 8 years. I wanted to do this more than you know and thank God for a special day that He gave me today!

We had a dinner afterwards and I just realized tonight that all three of our children and all our grandkids and our son-in-law and daughter-in-law were there except for Kristi's husband, Eric. That doesn't happen real often and I could kick myself for not trying to get a picture of all of us together. Maybe next time Kristi comes to visit we will have to have a family dinner and then get a picture!

My granddaughter knows that my feet hurt and I have some problems with them and tonight she gave me the nicest foot rub. For being "almost 8" she is beyond her years in many ways. She has very healing hands when she gives you a massage. She is a real special girl!!! I feel blessed to be a part of her life.

I don't want to go to sleep tonight because I am so afraid of how I will feel when I wake up. I have so few "good" days that I hate to see them end. I guess tho if I don't get to sleep I will be tired all day tomorrow!

No comments: