Saturday, August 05, 2006

It's been a real rough day for me physically today. I woke up in pain and it's let up some but added to the other symptoms I have today it makes for a rough day. My feet are kinda bad today and my joints are all swollen and painful. I have fibromyalgia and one of the symptoms is "sleep problems". That is why I think I go through these periods of being unable to sleep. I probably got an hour of sleep and the was in about 3 different settings of time.
I go through periods of feeling sorry for myself for the physical problems I have and the pain I have every day. It seems whenever that happens I read or see something that makes me grateful for the life I still have. Tonight I have been watching a program that brings tears to my eyes. I don't remember what it's called but people's muscles/tendons and joints turn to bone and the person become rigid and unable to move at all. They showed a man that is 28 years old and is twisted and affected greatly. He had a wonderful attitude for having such a terrible disease. There are just so many things in this big old world that are so sad!
Tyler came over again today. I'm so glad that children accept you for who you are and not what you wear or what you look like. I think he probably sees me in my nightgown and robe more than he sees me dressed and ready for the day. He relates to me just fine and I think it's because he can sense my love for him. We played games and did a couple quick computer games and read a book and all kinds of fun things. He loves playing Uno now and knows exactly how to play it. It is suggested for kids 8 and older and he's just 5...he's a smart little guy though. I love having him come and put a little excitement into my day.
If you're bored (or not bored, too) you might want to check out this game. The best score I can get so far is 13.4 seconds and I can blame that on lack of sleep! There's always a good excuse, right?
Jacob at Warren Dunes State Park
Climbing Tower Hill
Having grown up in this area and lived here all my life many of the everyday sights
are "old hat" to someone like me. But, what is so much fun is to see it through the eyes
of our children and then our grandchildren. I have gone up "tower hill" many times
and then our kids made the trek there and now our grandchildren are enjoying
the same hill we loved (maybe not love?) to climb. Kristi doesn't have real long
periods of time that she can spend with us but she's done such a good job of seeing
who she needs to see and letting Jacob experience the things of her youth.



No comments: