Friday, September 08, 2006

My recent projects
My beautician has been so good to me for the past few years.
When the back pain became too great for me to travel, she started
coming to our house to cut my hair and for a huge discount too.
She is still coming here and I just love how convenient it is... especially
because I don't drive to South Bend yet where her shop is located.
The last time she was here she mentioned to me before she left that
she would like to buy some thank you cards
that I have made. She saw one that Katie had and really liked it. I am
in the process of making these cards for her. I have included the
envelopes because they are so pretty on the inside too. I will give these
to her for no charge because I appreciate her service to me so much. I
am so happy that I can do something for her this time!!








Tyler's funny faces
I don't know if Tyler was trying to be funny or not but
I just love these pictures and the funny faces. I found
the little poem and it was perfect:.."God gives us faces
but we must make our own expressions". These layouts
are not up to date as far as style but the pictures themselves
never go out of style.






Yesterday was a big day for our family. First of all my brothers wife, Andrea, had surgery for the breast cancer and had a masectomy done and at the same time had the reconstruction. She came through the surgery just fine. I'm sure she's pretty sore today. She was in excellent health before this happened so that has to help in her recovery. Please pray with our family that this is the end of dealing with cancer for Andrea.

Also our daughter, Katie, went to the neurosurgeon to talk to him about the chiari malformation. She was diagnosed with that last week. I learned a lot through this. The brain continues to grow until a person is in their 20's. When the indented bony space at the lower rear of the skull is smaller than normal, the cerebellum & brain stem can be pushed down. This can block the flow of spinal fluid and can cause a variety of symptoms including dizziness, muscle weakness, numbness, vision problems, headaches & problems with balance & coordination. One of the treatments is to go in and open up that space surgically. As of now the surgeon wants to do more tests to make sure the symptoms are related to chiari and not something else. She will have a stress blood pressure test, a MRI of the neck and another test that I don't remember right now. Then he will give his advice. It is up to her whether she wants surgery or to just manage the symptoms.

And for the good news...we are going to be Grandparents again!!!! I believe the due date will be somewhere around March. Great people are born in March...just kidding. My birthday is March 29th. What a great birthday present that would be. Our son and his wife just found out they are expecting. A new life is always something to celebrate. With an 8 year old and a 3 and 1 year old it will be a challenge. I know I will help all I can. It gives me a reason to keep pushing on for good health....and if good health doesn't come it gives me a reason to push through the pain. I can do that for a little while and it all catches up to me. Another scrapbook to start too. I'm so excited!! A little girl would be nice but we will all love another boy. The 5 grandsons we have are all so special and different in their own ways.

I have had one of the worst weeks that I have had for a long time. I am having pain in every joint in my body. From my fingers to my toes and everywhere in between. I just get so tired of pain and wish someone could figure out what this is. I go to my primary care doctor on Monday...again and then to the pain doctor on Thursday to see if they have some suggestions!!
When I get up in the morning I dread getting out of the recliner because the pain is so awful.

Wayne is trying to make a decision on a new job. He found out yesterday that the owner of the company lied to him about a few things and it is making the job look a little less desirable but he is not ruling it out either. He wants to talk to him again and get some things ironed out!

No comments: