Sunday, September 03, 2006

Wrapping paper fun!!! out Grandpa:)
Caden and Tyler spent the morning with us today and we had lots of excitement
and lots of fun. They were a little sleepy when they arrived at 6:30 am but it
didn't take them long to wake up:) They both wanted to play in the basement so I took
my breakfast down there and watched and helped them play. Tyler dumped out the
Lincoln Logs and there was an earwig in it. I am scared of mice and only one other thing and it's earwigs!!! Tyler killed it for me and I talked them into going upstairs. Isn't that nice to have a 5 year old kill the bug you're scared of? It didn't bother him at all. He sure made sure it was squished good.

Tyler had found a big bag of paints, markers and glitter pens. We found some things online for Tyler to paint
(dinosaurs) and I found a coloring book for Caden. They had the best time painting. I
don't know if Caden has ever painted before but he sure caught on fast. Then it was into
the bath for Caden. When Caden got out of the bathtub Grandpa Wayne was helping him
and put him in a towel and flew him around just like he did for our kids years ago. It
makes me kind of sad that they are all grown up but thankful that we have a good
friendship and 6 special grandkids.

Super Caden!!
I take an older antidepressant to help with the nerve pain in my feet and it usually takes care of the depression I have too. But, Friday and Saturday I was really low. I could cry at the drop of a hat. I tried to figure out what was causing it and it kept coming back to one thing. The Blueberry Festival is huge in our home town and I have always been able to go and walk through the tents of craft goodies and yummy "fair food". I knew there was not even the slightest possibility that I could walk through there this weekend. Wayne went on the blueberry bike ride and while he was gone I sunk the lowest I've been for several years. I would love to be able to do the bike ride with them but there's absolutely no way I can do that now. So, Wayne saw how down I was and kind of pushed me to get out of the house and he took me to the Blueberry Festival, rented a wheelchair and brought it to the car and pushed me all over the festival. We couldn't get in the tents but there was plenty to see from where I sat. We saw several old friends and it was bittersweet. They were friendly enough but it also took me back to the "old Becky"...the one I long to be again. I just feel like I'm trying to crawl out of a deep pit and keep falling back in deeper and deeper. It was the best thing I could have done this morning to have Caden & Tyler here. Kids are naturally bubbly and happy.

Today is our Granddaughter Rhebeca's 8th birthday. I remember the day she was born. Her Daddy hadn't gotten to go to Brazil before her birth and was scheduled to go about a week later. We both waited around the house for "the call". It finally came around 3:00 and we learned together that he was a Daddy and I was a Grandma. I'll never forget that feeling. I felt a connection with that sweet baby so many miles away from us. Her Daddy couldn't wait a week to leave and I think got out the next morning...headed to see his little girl. It's been a pleasure getting to know and love Rhebeca since she came to the USA at 9 months old. So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECA!!!!!!!

No comments: