Monday, March 12, 2007

Below is a picture of my beautiful nose a day after I fell out of the chair and landed on my nose/glasses. It really hurt and, as usual, I paniced and that made it even worse. I was asleep so it woke me up and I didn't know where I was at first...whether I was in a car accident or what. Thank goodness I was in the motel room. Every time after that when Wayne saw me leaning forward he would make me lean back. I didn't realize how much I did that...leaned forward in the chair...and I know that I do it to take the pressure off my spine. I would probably be shocked how many things I do like that to keep out of pain without even realizing it.


Tyler kind of played a trick on Grandpa Dick this morning. Grandpa Dick picked him up from school and he told him he needed to get a toy that was here. As soon as he got inside he took off his coat and decided to stay. I said...are you staying with me today? He said..yes. I told him rather than keep Grandpa waiting outside he had better go out and tell or ask him if that was all right rather than leave him sitting in our driveway for the afternoon.
Tyler went with me to run some errands. We went to WalMart for a variety of things and I was in the electric wheelchair. We got a cart to put the groceries in when they were in the sacks because they were heaping full in the wheelchair basket. The cutest thing is he wanted to do everything. Some of the things like the milk and pop were pretty heavy for a little boy but he wanted to do it. He flung the pop over the side and I'm surprised that it didn't split the pop open. Then he flung all the groceries over the cart like that but I wouldn't say a word....he felt so special and big.
Tyler wanted to use the bathroom when we were at WalMart. I had a whole basketfull of groceries with my purse on the bottom so didn't want to leave the cart. I told him that I thought it best to go into the women's bathroom but he didn't want to. I said...if you go into the men's I want you to scream as loud as you can if anyone talks to you or tries to touch you. He walked in the bathroom and came running out. He was scared. I hated to have to scare him but he has to be aware that not everybody has the best of intentions. It's just the world we live in and I want to prevent anything bad that could happen to these grandchildren. I thought I could relax once our children were married and happy and then along come these grandchildren that just steal my heat away and I worry all over again!
My hospital bed was delivered today. I hope it helps and I hope that I can sleep well in it. I am so used to the recliner that it may be an adjustment! I couldn't let myself think about the significance of having a hospital bed delivered for me. I just have to think that maybe my pain and swelling will get better. I started to think about me sleeping in a hospital bed and felt a little weepy but then tried to refocus my mind and am so thankful that there is something that may help me!
You may think the Simon Cowell is an old meanie but he has his soft side too. Here is a video of Simon talking about animal abuse and how passionate he is about preventing the suffering of animals. Pretty impressive...at least I think it is because I feel the same way.
By the way, if anyone has any money they don't know what to do with I would love a puppy of a dog breed that I just discovered yesterday. It is called a Morkie and is a blend of the Maltese and the Yorkshire Terrier. They are SO cute!!!

No comments: