Saturday, July 28, 2007

I went in to my family doctor this afternon. I have had a finger that has been swollen for about 6 weeks. The middle joint is very swollen and painful. He confirmed what I was thinking...it's probably rheumatoid arthritis Right before he came in the room I told Wayne to feel how dry my elbow was and as he did he said...you have a lump there. It isn't real big but it's real hard so that rules out a fatty tumor.

I was so glad he found that lump because I showed the doctor that lump and believe it or not he thinks it's related to my swollen finger. Evidently rheumatoid arthritis has nodules like that on the body at spots.

I have had a real hard time with this today. I really thought we had ruled out the rheumatoid arthritis when they diagnosed me with the lymphadema. I just wonder sometimes if it will ever end. I would love to go back and have just the back pain...I would be in pretty good shape if it were so!! The following are the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis....I have the low-grade fever, fatigue, prolonged morning stiffness but not the other symptoms. Anyway, I have to go see my rheumatologist...I kinda dropped her a year ago because I didn't think she knew what she was talking about and didn't want to have a MRI of my feet. Hopefully she won't be mad at me...if she is I'll find someone else I guess.

The following are the most common symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis:
constant or recurring pain or tenderness in joints
stiffness and difficulty using or moving a joints normally
swelling in and around multiple joints
warmth and redness in a joint
difficulty in performing daily tasks
arthritis in large and small joints in a more or less symmetrical pattern on both sides of the body
weight loss
low-grade fever
fatigue
prolonged morning stiffness (over 30 minutes)

No comments: