Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Happy Halloween!! (and Beca's birthday...I'm 9!)






Each day has it's own challenge. Living life itself brings an adventure of its own and it seems we don't get to pick our challenges. I wish we did cause they'd sure be different than the challenges I've to work with. I get so frustrated with dealing with pain every day...grrr:) When I pictured my life at this stage of life I thought I'd be this "hip" grandma that was active and my grandkids and I would have all kinds of fun adventures. Well, we have adventures but they're of a different nature than what I pictured. Nothing can compare with picking Tyler up from school and seeing the glow in his eyes when he sees that I'm there to pick him up. He always runs to me with a great big hug.

We got the bad news this week that my Dad has kidney cancer. Things look positive so far that it's just contained in the one kidney. He's doing lots of tests this week to try to see just what he's dealing with for sure. He will have surgery soon to have the kidney removed. He may also have to have chemotherapy. Time and tests will tell. We would appreciate your prayers for him.

It's currently 3:10 and I woke up with muscle spasms in my my low back. There's no way I can go back to sleep until the spasms let up. It should be anytime now because I took the muscle relaxer about a half hour ago.

No comments: