Sunday, May 18, 2008

This is Kaleb having a very rough day. Within a few minutes he was happily playing again. I can't even remember what he was so upset about...

If you ever wonder how important to a child/grandchild it is to attend their school programs remember these pictures. Tyler is in the back row in the navy/baby blue shirt...kind of right in the center by the little girl with long braids. In the first two pictures he is looking for his family in the audience and the third picture he spots us! I almost didn't go to this program because I didn't feel real good that night but I will always remember that face when he spotted his family there to watch him!



And...we are found!!!

I have been waking up in the mornings and just holding my breath till I know if I'm going to have muscle spasms. These spasms are what I would call violent spasms and it usually takes 2 kinds of muscle relaxers to get rid of them....and then I'm out of it the rest of the day...sleeping...sleeping!It always takes a little over an hour for the spasms to let up and the only thing I can do is to pace with my walker. I can't sit or even lay down. I wish I could lay down but that makes them worse.

I had the spasms yesterday morning and didn't have them this morning. I cannot yet find a reason for them...anything I do different one day than the next and haven't found a connection. If I ever do figure it out I will stop doing whatever it is...believe me! The spasms originate in my tailbone area and there's no way to stretch it out like I used to with the spasms in my lower back.

I have talked to my primary care doctor about the spasms and he doesn't have a clue. This week I had a pump refill (morphine pump) and talked to my "pain " doctor and he really didn't have any answers either. Tuesday I have an appointment with a physiatrist (doctor of physical medicine) and I hope maybe he can get to the bottom of this.

It's kind of a lonely Sunday afternoon for me. After I finish this I think I'll try to scrapbook some. Wayne is in Chicago at a restaurant convention. He was asked to come and help out in a booth for a wifi company. Wayne is thinking about buying a territory but wanted to see the reaction of the people to this at the convention. He called about 2 hours ago and said they'd only had 2 visitors to their booth...will be interested in knowing if it's picked up since then.


Kelly C. said...

Hi Becky!
Good to see you blogging again!
Great pictures of your grandson's expression as he spied his family at his school function...priceless!
I hope you get good pain relieving results with your Dr. today, then maybe you can get some scrapping done.
Hang in there, I'm thinking of you!

Kristi said...

awwww, I wish I lived closer so I could be there for all my neices and nephews programs!!

Rebecca said...

I wish you lived closer too. I really miss you and would have fun hanging around with you when you run errands:)